I know how hard it can be to carve out quiet time and space to reflect on the season, so I invite you to take 4 minutes to watch this video on the changing light through the stained glass windows of the National Cathedral: https://vimeo.com/122445352. It’s not an Advent-specific video, but light is a major theme during the season of Advent, so it fits! Enjoy.
On to Youth Ministry news:
• Babysitting Fundraiser: Thank you to the 30 youth and 5 adults who helped babysit 38 kids last Friday night. We raised $425 for youth missions and programming. It was a wild, fun night and couldn’t have happened without your help. We also had a blast bowling (and winning prize money – bonus!) and sleeping over. Thank you for the donuts and fruit Saturday morning too.
• Youth Christian Formation: No classes – we’re on Christmas Break, so no classes until 1/6/19.
• EYC 5-7 p.m.: Annual Christmas Party. Here’s what to do:
• Wear your most “memorable” (the tackier the better!) Christmas sweater, shirt, sweatshirt, or “outfit” for our 6th Annual Crazy Christmas Sweater/Sweatshirt Competition. Prizes for tackiest, weirdest, and ugliest.
• Bring a wrapped gift (spend between $5-$10 for something fun, but not gross) for our Silly Gift Exchange
• WAY OF LOVE ADVENT STUDY: Tuesdays, December 4- December 18 8-8:45 p.m. on a Zoom conference call (you can do it in your jammies!). Here’s what you do:
o Log on to the call at 7:50 p.m. at https://zoom.us/j/786038185. You will need to download Zoom (it’s free) if you don’t already have it. You can join on a laptop or your phone.
o Participate in the conversation.
o Do the activities on the Advent Calendar to prepare for the next week.
• #ADVENT WORD: Keep adding your photos to #AdventWord. Sign up and more info at http://bit.ly/2DONaRp.
I’ll see y’all at EYC.
Youth Program Coordinator
St. Paul’s Episcopal Church