The St. Paul’s Vestry is the core elected lay leadership group of the parish. As such, each member of the vestry, each candidate who commits to be nominated to serve as a vestry member, and the vestry as a group are expected to willingly take a leadership role incorporating the following duties: strategic leadership, role modeling, training and education, and administration. The Vestry’s areas of focus for the current year (2023):
- Primary focus – Nurture leadership in parish at all levels including training for leaders and opportunities for networking with the wider Episcopal community.
- Other areas the Vestry will be focused on:
- Parish finances including a balanced budget and nurturing a culture of year-round stewardship.
- Safe and Secure Church – Providing a welcoming safe space to everyone.
- Continue to enhance the worship experience and ways to serve the community including the music program, strengthen the children and youth programs and develop Care for Creation.
We invite you to read our Mission Statement.
Constitution and Cannons: i.e., the set of church laws by which St. Paul’s is governed.
- St. Paul’s Vestry Procedures
- Diocese of NC Constitution & Canons: the St. Paul’s Vestry Procedures highlight the section pertinent to the governance of the parish in the diocesan Constitution and Canons.
- The Episcopal Church Constitution & Canons: for more information, read Canon 13, Of Parishes and Congregations, and Canon 14, Of Parish Vestries.