PLEDGING FOR THE 2019 OPERATING BUDGET
Letters have been sent and the website “clicks” have been activated – we’re ready for you! We have tried to keep things simple this year, to avoid confusion about pledging to the Capital Campaign (for large scale improvements to the buildings and grounds) and pledging to the operating budget for 2019, your annual gift. Look for factoids each week that shed light on the impact every dollar has in our community. Please return those pledges, or pledge online, by November 11th.
Pledging as of October 24, 2018
80 pledges, including 8 new pledges
Total Pledged: $255,224
WELCOMING IN CHRIST 60th Anniversary Campaign
- Our fundraising goal thermometer is currently on display in the Narthex and Parish Hall.
- Thank you to everyone that has been able to pledge. Pledging is still open! Please pledge on the St. Paul’s website or return your paper pledge to the church office.
Capital Campaign Pledging Update
October 24, 2018
Pledges to date: 136
Amount Pledged to date: $1,687,345
SENIOR MINISTRY PROGRAM OVERWHELMED WITH STUFF: Do you remember the book “Where’s Waldo? Do you feel like that when you enter a room for a single item? Or perhaps there is a move coming, maybe downsizing? Join us for some tips about organizing and “rightsizing” your clutter. Or if a move needs planning, learn how to choose the best furniture pieces, pack, and set up your new home. Please join the Senior Ministry in welcoming Susan Stanhope, a Certified Senior Move Manager, who will be sharing the secrets of all these activities Wednesday, Oct 31, from 1:00-3:00 p.m. in the youth wing. The Senior Ministry will provide beverages and light snacks.
CARNIVAL: OCTOBER 28, 5-7 P.M.: The youth are hosting a Halloween Carnival in conjunction with Children’s Ministries Costume & Chili Cookoff event. Come down to the Youth Wing area for fun & games. This year we’ve replaced Trunk or Treat with a “Carved Pumpkin Contest.” Bring your already carved pumpkin with its candle in it and we’ll set them up for display. Participants can vote (25¢/vote), which will decide the winners for the following categories: Scariest, Most Beautiful, and Most Creative. There will be prizes. Anyone can enter, so get your carving on!
MONTHLY DEVOTIONALS: “Welcoming in Christ” is the discipleship-stewardship emphasis linking St. Paul’s 60th Anniversary and the Anniversary Capital Campaign. To supplement this, each month a special devotional reflection will be offered. The theme for November continues “Expanding the Mission and Influence of the Church.” You can find these devotionals on our St. Paul’s website (www.stpaulscary.org). If you’d like to share your thoughts on a theme, you may email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COFFEE HOUR MINISTRY HIGHLIGHTS: The Memorial Garden Ministry is hosting coffee hour in the Parish Hall following the 9:00 service today. This ministry works to provide a beautiful, spiritual space for the interment of ashes and the remembrance of family and friends. Please join them for coffee and snacks and to learn more about this special ministry.
Next week the annual parish meeting will be held in the Church following the 9:00 service. Please plan to attend this important meeting to elect Vestry members and hear updates about our parish. There will not be a formal coffee hour in the Parish Hall, but coffee will be served by the Vestry in the narthex before the meeting.
INTERFAITH GATHERING: St. Paul’s is delighted to host a gathering of six different faith-based institutions on Sunday, Nov 4, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in the Parish Hall. These institutions are all interested in forming a group in Wake County to work on finding solutions to community problems. (You may have heard this group referred to as Wake County Sponsors.) The six institutions gathering with us on this date are: the Islamic Association of Raleigh, Antioch Bible Fellowship, Grace AME Zion Church, Pullen Memorial Baptist Church, and Riley Hill Baptist Church. The purpose of this gathering is simply to get to know our fellow participants in this endeavor. See website for link to RSVP. Questions? Please contact Mary Kintz at email@example.com.
Sunday Mornings: No Adult Formation this Sunday or next Sunday, November 4, the day of St. Paul’s annual meeting.
Wednesday Evenings: Join us for adult formation at 7:00 p.m. on November 7 in the Youth Wing, as we continue the series, Reclaiming Jesus: A Confession of Faith in a Time of Crisis. Drop in for any sessions you’re able to attend, as we listen to and reflect on Jesus’ teachings as part of renewing our discipleship and witness. For more information on our fall formation series, please see E-News and the Adult Formation section of the St. Paul’s website.
THE ARTS & CRAFTS FESTIVAL: Do you have a hobby? Painting, ceramics, quilting, woodworking, something else? The Arts & Crafts Festival is looking for donations of new, handmade items to sell at the St. Paul’s Table. The Festival will take place on Saturday, November 10, with proceeds going to outreach. If you have items to donate, please contact Sally Moller, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you can spare a couple of hours to help transport our borrowed tables, please sign up! You’ll find the link to sign up on our web page www.stpaulscary.org/festival. We will need volunteers in all areas of the festival. The shifts are only two hours, so please consider helping.
- The Children’s Little Brown Stewardship Basket is working toward our 2019 Note in the Pocket Sort Day, scheduled for June 9, 2019. We have collected $714.66 toward our $3000 goal!
- Children’s Chapel will be held today at the 9:00 a.m. worship service and is open to all children ages 3 through 2nd grade. Please follow the Children’s Cross Processional after The Collect.
- Sunday School (Children’s Formation) continues today at 10:10 a.m. in the Education Building.
- One more 5th grade Teacher is needed for Sunday School. Thank you to all our Sunday School Teachers that are already giving their time and talent to the children of St. Paul’s!
- The Fall Carnival is TODAY! Join us in the Parish Hall at 5:00 p.m. for Hot dogs / Chili / Treats and then head to the parking lot at 6:00 p.m. for the Youth Carnival. Please bring a side dish (non-sweet) to share.
- Christmas Pageant Participation forms will be distributed today in Sunday School (Children’s Formation). Completed forms are due at 10:00 a.m. on November 18.
- Youth Christian Formation: The lesson today is entitled “Dealing with Stress: Surrendering to God.” Middle School meets in the Youth Wing (go straight there, snacks are provided), and High School meets in Room 10.
- EYC Tonight: Carnival – Set Up 3:00 p.m., Carnival 5:00-7:00 p.m., Clean Up 7:00-8:00 p.m.: Come help with our Annual Carnival. Plan to stay until everything is cleaned up. And wear your costume! Signup: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0d49afaa2fa7fb6-carnival.